Our Favorite Valentine’s Day Picture Books in Speech Therapy – Episode 38
It’s the time of year when love is in the air! So, what better way to celebrate than by using Valentine’s Day-themed picture books during your speech therapy sessions? Since you serve a variety of students with different speech and language goals, finding the right books to meet all those needs can be challenging. Therefore, in today’s episode, we’re sharing our favorite Valentine’s Day picture books with you and the benefits of each book.
We’ve previously discussed the importance of using picture books in your speech therapy sessions for them to have as many key teaching points as possible. So, with each of our favorite Valentine’s Day picture books that we mention, we highlight the various key concepts and any speech and language goals you can assess. We also share which books are recommended for older students and a few extension activities you can do with your students. This is a fun list of Valentine’s Day picture books we know your students will love!
- Our favorite Valentine’s Day picture books for your speech therapy sessions
- The key concepts and speech and language goals that are highlighted in each book
- Which books are best recommended for certain age groups
- A list of extension activities and which books we have book companions for
- Favorite Valentine’s Day Books Free Notes
- Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli
- Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day is Cool by Kimberly and James Dean
- Love, Splat! by Rob Scotton
- Roses are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane deGroat
- Love is My Favorite Thing by Emma Chichester Clark
- Turkey’s Valentine Surprise by Wendi Silvano
- A Crankenstein Valentine by Samantha Berger
- Hedgehugs by Steve Wilson and Lucy Trapper
- Narrative Notes Valentine’s Day Book Companions
- Read and Review Valentine’s Day Book Companions
- Valentine’s Day Language Bookmarks
- Book Search – Valentine’s Day
- Follow us on Instagram @literacybasedspeechtherapy.
- Write your review on Apple Podcasts!
The Literacy-Based Speech Podcast
Do you want to use picture books more in your speech therapy sessions, but have no idea where to start? OR are you already using books in therapy but find it time-consuming to find the RIGHT book and identify relevant speech and language concepts?
You’re in the right place! The Literacy-Based Speech Podcast will help you feel confident in your book choices and instructional decisions. We’ll give you the tools you need to intentionally maximize your sessions!
Meet Your Hosts
Join co-hosts Ashley and Kalin from Sweet Southern Speech each week as they share evidence-based and SLP-approved strategies to use picture books more efficiently and effectively in your speech therapy sessions.