Our Favorite Wordless Picture Books in Speech Therapy: Part Two – Episode 37
We believe in the value and benefit of using wordless picture books with your students, so we dedicated another episode sharing more of our favorite wordless picture books with you. As we continue to mention, despite not having any text in them, you can still discuss character analysis, theme, vocabulary, and narrative structure with your students when reading these books. With this being a genre you may not have a lot of on your shelves, in today’s episode, we’re sharing our favorite wordless picture books part two.
Just like in last week’s episode, we’re discussing six more of our favorite wordless picture books to use in speech therapy. Each book is a complete episode and addresses many narrative concepts such as sequencing, structure, grammar, and vocabulary. We also recommend which age group we’d use each book with, along with additional writing activities to use with your students. After these last two episodes, we hope you have found a list of books you’d put on your shelves and use in your speech therapy sessions from our favorite wordless picture books!
- A list of six more of our favorite wordless picture books
- How each book is a complete episode, along with the speech sounds and theme/message
- Examples on how we’d use each book during our speech therapy sessions
- Which key concepts are utilized and the age recommendation to best fit your student needs and goals
- Free Wordless Book List
- Favorite Wordless Books: Part Two Free Notes
- Episode 36, Our Favorite Wordless Picture Books in Speech Therapy: Part One
- Episode 35, How to Use Wordless Picture Books in Your Speech Therapy Sessions
- Fly! by Mark Teague
- Unspoken by Henry Cole
- The Girl and the Bicycle by Mark Pett
- Found by Jeff Newman and Larry Day
- A Boy, a Dog, and a Frog by Mercer Mayer
- Wolf in the Snow by Matthew Cordell
- Book Search – Wordless
- Narrative Notes – Farm and Pond Theme
- Follow us on Instagram @literacybasedspeechtherapy.
- Write your review on Apple Podcasts!
The Literacy-Based Speech Podcast
Do you want to use picture books more in your speech therapy sessions, but have no idea where to start? OR are you already using books in therapy but find it time-consuming to find the RIGHT book and identify relevant speech and language concepts?
You’re in the right place! The Literacy-Based Speech Podcast will help you feel confident in your book choices and instructional decisions. We’ll give you the tools you need to intentionally maximize your sessions!
Meet Your Hosts
Join co-hosts Ashley and Kalin from Sweet Southern Speech each week as they share evidence-based and SLP-approved strategies to use picture books more efficiently and effectively in your speech therapy sessions.