Our Favorite Back to School Books – Episode 10
Although it’s still summer, some of you might be at the beginning stages of planning for the beginning of your school year. If that’s the case, we’ve got an episode for you! Heading back to school or transitioning to a new school can be intimidating or scary for some students, which is why we’ve compiled our favorite back to school books to use in speech therapy.
Each of the 10 books we chose have common themes of acceptance, kindness, inclusion, and self-confidence that will help ease the minds of nervous elementary students. Additionally, we share a brief summary, skills to focus on, and high frequency sounds for your students. We also love how each book is a complete episode with a plan and actions to solve it. Bring some fun, laughter, and lessons in your speech therapy sessions with these back to school books!
- A list of our top 10 favorite back to school books
- Common themes and skills to focus on with your students specific to each book
- Additional resources to use during your speech therapy sessions
- Ways to make back to school fun and enjoyable for students
- Preview of next week’s episode
- Free notes download – includes a list of the books we mention!
- Back to School Books for Speech Therapy
- Back to School Speech Therapy Book Companions
- Back to School Book Companions for Speech Therapy Blog
- Shop back to school books on Amazon
- Search more back to school books!
- Follow us on Instagram @literacybasedspeechtherapy
- Write your review on Apple Podcasts!
The Literacy-Based Speech Podcast
Do you want to use picture books more in your speech therapy sessions, but have no idea where to start? OR are you already using books in therapy but find it time-consuming to find the RIGHT book and identify relevant speech and language concepts?
You’re in the right place! The Literacy-Based Speech Podcast will help you feel confident in your book choices and instructional decisions. We’ll give you the tools you need to intentionally maximize your sessions!
Meet Your Hosts
Join co-hosts Ashley and Kalin from Sweet Southern Speech each week as they share evidence-based and SLP-approved strategies to use picture books more efficiently and effectively in your speech therapy sessions.